Today featured an opportunity to see Broadway Under the Stars with Ashley and her family, who were visiting. The event featured performances from the stars of Broadway’s Beautiful, Head Over Heels, The Band Visit, Ruben and Clay Christmas Show.
Sometimes I get surprised by the realization that I’m living in New York City and this kind of talent is always in my backyard.
It was also great to see Ashley. We book-swapped again and now I’m on to reading Anne of the Island. Reading through the whole Green Gables series has been such food for my soul. While walking to Columbus Circle I saw someone who looked just like Anne, and she was wearing a Nova Scotia sweatshirt!! Coincidence?!
Picked up some after-show croissants near Lincoln Center and headed home. Going out is fun… coming home to hubby is better.
Getting excited over here. Fresh out of online class (IST 613: Library Planning, Marketing and Assessment).
- Organize plan of attack for work (tomorrow and beyond)
- Stakeholder surveys
- Compile library campaign contacts (or use Nationbuilder database?)
- Staff surveys
- Use form results to create service recommendation
- Residual or ongoing tasks
- Donor postcard
- Social media upkeep
- NYT article author quotes (multiple platforms)
- Vineland (remaining posts on social media schedule)
- Internship paperwork
- Print and re-share evaluation
- Resubmit assignment
- Assessment report
- Prioritize completion of section 1
- Earmark assessment worksheets
- Project management refresher
- Answer course module prompts
- Skim Lynda course content
- Submit job applications
- Development work: Resume / CV / Portfolio
- Check-in with finances
- Touch base with fitness plan
- Review community garden bylaws
- Research my ballot before November 6th
- Complete wedding thank you notes
Oh, husband. I am thinking back on last night. We were talking about plans for Thanksgiving and family. I think you were upset by the conversation. When the conversation changed, the mood remained. I heard you say something about our neighborhood using the word indigents. I perceived a negative (belittling) connotation and said so in my critical response.
Word of the day:
2 aarchaic : DEFICIENT
barchaic : totally lacking in something specified
I woke up too early, feeling troubled. I worked it out with yoga by candlelight, early breakfast, and pleasure reading Anne of Green Gables. You came looking for me around 6am. We returned to bed together, with plenty of time to spare for pre-work cuddling and canoodling.
So far it seems easy to find our way back from most emotional side trails.
Actual footage of me today? Where has my energy gone?
I choose a wedding photo for this post. As I settle on a photo from the circle dance at our reception, I wonder how all our people are doing.
David plays League of Legends beside me. “Really laid my body on the line that game,” he says, coming out of a defeat.
No big events today. Nice cuddle moments, some small accomplishments, nursing my health. Energy levels are way below average. I’m growing excited for an upcoming yet unplanned trip to California. I’m worried about pest problems in the apartment.
Husbometer is making a rebound today. Some observations:
- overall data clustering around an average of .6
- only 2 data points falling below .5
Thinking about data… I would like to take advantage of my Lynda.com access while I’m still a graduate student at Syracuse. There are so many skills still to gain…
Time to do my (100) pre-bed squats. Will this stay a ritual? Here’s the squatting soundtrack (also on theme for today):