The day started with a shared bagel and leftover veggie smoothie. Computer time then fitness time, followed by veggie tacos. The rest is a pleasant blur.
For dinner? Soup!
- 2-3 leeks, the white parts, rinsed and chopped
- 1 qt. vegetable broth
- 2 heads of broccoli, rinsed and chopped
- 1 tbs. Italian herbs (thyme, oregano, etc.)
- Cut up the leeks and saute them on medium heat in a large skillet or pot. Use a bit of water or veggie broth to keep them from sticking to the pan. Cook ’em for 10 minutes. Add herbs and cook for 1 extra minute.
- Add the chopped broccoli, broth. Bring to boil then reduce to medium heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Blend it.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
Serve with toasted, buttered bread because that’s the best.
Tonight’s about catching up on the blog.